Dear Temple Family,
We hope that this letter finds you and your family well.
For the ongoing safety and well-being of all, we continue to monitor carefully what is happening in the community as it relates to the COVID 19 pandemic. Over the last month there have been growing trends in the rates of positive cases, percentage of people testing positive, and most concerning, the numbers of children and adults who are admitted to the hospital with COVID-19.
The Temple Emanu-El COVID Task Force has developed recommendations based upon the key values of keeping our community safe while maintaining temple activities. On July 28, the Task Force recommended, and the Temple Board approved, that we revert to the Yellow Tier, indicating a status like we experienced last spring.
Here is what you should expect:
1. If you are ill or experiencing symptoms related to COVID 19, please stay home
2. To enter Temple for any reason, it is mandatory to wear a mask and follow other strategies to mitigate COVID 19.
3. During the High Holidays, only vaccinated members will be allowed to attend services:
- if you are not vaccinated, consider getting vaccinated. This is the best way to prevent getting a severe infection or infecting others.
- for those who are not able to get vaccinated (including children < 12 years old) services will be available online.
- In addition, the contemporary service will be held outdoors. Vaccinated and non-vaccinated members are welcome to join (masking will be enforced for all).
RSVPs are required. You may RSVP at ourtemple.org/hhd5782 or contact Judy Edwards at 205.933.8037, ext 230.
Please click here to view our latest COVID Pandemic Policy.
Please view our latest COVID Pandemic Policy at ourtemple.org by clicking the COVID19 Updates link.
Should you have any questions, contact:
Dr. Al Cohn, 205-999-7422 or email@example.com
Dr. David Askenazi, 205-907-6048, firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Berman, President, 205-915-7608, email@example.com