Highlights of this gentile’s memories of Rabbi Miller’s ministry in our community, include:
- The Rejewvenation Class held at IPC which Wyatt and I attended faithfully.
- The service of blessing with the resounding affirmation of Jeremy and Larry’s wedding and love for each other.
- Numerous Shabbat services the most memorable probably when you and Ellen Erdreich told the stories of how your fathers lived their faith during the Civil Rights struggles
- Your congregation’s welcome to IPC after the fire, a welcome which lasted far longer than either congregation expected. Our son, Sam, joined IPC during that time. My father who left South Highlands and his parents to go with his 2 maiden aunts across the street with Dr. Edmonds also joined IPC in Temple Emanu-El.
- The op-eds in the Birmingham News, which thoughtfully addressed important issues.
- Your address to the 2017 Leadership Birmingham class
~ Susan Haskell